We are definitely getting there.
If you are interested you can take a gander at this presentation that I put together for the Steering Committee.
The real value in this project lies in the upload (and download) tool that I’ve written about previously.
It actually does a lot:
- takes a collection of related files and assembles them into a bag (using the bagit specification from the library of congress)
- it can function as command line tool in a script
- it can function as a java service for automated machine to machine upload
- at the backend it checks the files against Pronom using KNB Fido
- and does some antivirus checking
- and deposits the files with the metadata provided
and it gets round various upload limits ….