I’m looking for two people to come and work on five related data capture and data publication projects as part of our ANDS data capture and seeding the commons contracts.
Briefly, the projects are
- Earth Sciences – develop an automated workflow to take seismological data recorded on SD cards in an instrument specific format and publish it in SEED format to the IRIS repository and to Research Data Australia
- Optical Astronomy – develop an automated workflow to publish various sets of images to IVOA and to Research Data Australia
- Phenomics – building on previous work in cooperation the the Australian Phenomics Network develop an automated workflow to publish data both to Research Data Australia and various discipline specific repositories
- Digital Humanities – develop an automated workflow to publish annotated collections to Research Data Australia and various discipline specific repositories
- Identify and publish a range of pre-existing datasets to Research Data Australia.
I am currently looking for two people to work full time developing software for this for 15 months. The posts are graded at ANU 7 and/0r 8.
Prior experience and demonstrated knowledge of data and metadata manipulation within a digital archiving and digital repository context as well as experience with Java, XML and linked data and familiarity with a range of technologies including LDAP, single sign of solutions, Postgres SQL would be highly regarded.
For background on what we’re trying to accomplish here take a look at Extracting, Transforming and Archiving Scientific Data at archive.org which gives a nice description of the problems being worked on.
The posts are full time and are based in Canberra, at the Australian National University. To apply click here. You need to be an Australian citizen or have a visa that allows you to live and work in Australia. Note that some student visas restrict the hours that you can work and this may render you ineligible.
If you have any questions please contact me either via awayfind or by email. Applications need to be submitted via the official website, I’m afraid our recruitment policy prohibits me from accepting any application sent directly to myself